The Faculty of Engineering is working to ‘re-engineer’ its engineering education practices to improve quality, flexibility and efficiency.
Specific priorities for 2011-12 are:
- Support talented students
- Improve development of discipline graduate attributes
- Improve assessment and feedback.
- Provide flexible pathways to degrees
- Develop a common framework for design components BE programs
- Strengthen practice-based components in all degrees.
Infrastructure for learning and teaching
- Improve organisational systems supporting quality assurance and innovation in learning and teaching
- Develop effective use of new learning spaces
- Develop and use new learning technologies
In the Faculty of Engineering, the staff have access to an Outreach Librarian. Their primary role is to assist you in optimising your teaching and research time, and to promote a greater awareness of the services the library can offer you.
Tel: +61 2 9385 8752
Staff development in learning and teaching
- Improve sessional teaching staff training, support and processes.
- Support for staff who are developing innovative use of learning technologies
- Facilitate staff participation in formal and informal training in learning and teaching.
Practice-based engineering education research
- Develop capacity for high quality engineering education research based in and supporting innovation in Faculty teaching practice.